Friday, January 3, 2014

J School

This is probably TMI, but I went to journalism school.

Yes, I know that it is shocking and, let's face it, all evidence to the contrary, I earned a master's in journalism from a reputable school.

Here is the reason that I mention it:

Reporting by media outlets is OUTRAGEOUS.

The New York Times recently ran an article.  In it, the NY Times is supporting the Obama administration's infamous lie that the terrorist attack on Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012 was conceived and perpetuated due to a video.

We all know, with certainty, now, that the attack was a terrorist attack.

In journalism school, you are TAUGHT to research.  You get an "F" in news reporting if you misspell someone's name.  I, and 90% of my blogging colleagues, would get an "F" for our typos.

I would hope that in journalism school a person would get an F for turning in a paper that completely disregards facts, that poses only one side of an argument and postulates theories that have been proven to be false.

But, maybe they don't do that anymore.  I don't know how someone can graduate from journalism school, get hired by the New York Times and then publish an article that is so egregiously false.

It is sad, it is a little bit scary.  The watchdog media looked the other way in 2012 and (we now know) literally altered the outcome of the presidential election.

When will we demand honesty and integrity from the media?  We have freedom of the press for a reason - TO PROTECT US FROM A TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENT.  It is not the other way around.  The media is free to protect us - not to protect a dishonest president.

I don't think they are doing that.

Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment