Monday, September 23, 2013

Healthcare


Healthcare

 

Recently, I was given two prescriptions by my dermatologist.  I went to the pharmacy to have them filled.  The pharmacist asked to check my insurance card because AFTER putting it in his system, the prescriptions still cost around $200 EACH!

 

Thanks to Obama-care, we no longer have real insurance.  We have to pay a $1,500 deductible before our insurance covers doctor visits and prescriptions.

 

As I left, without the prescriptions, I thought, “If I were an illegal alien, unemployed, or a convicted felon, those prescriptions would have been free.”

 

This is the healthcare system that we now have – hard working, premium paying Americans can no longer get proper health care.  However, the finest health care system in the world is offered for free to people who are here illegally and don’t pay anything into our system.

 

I believe that there was nothing wrong with the system before.

 

When I was pregnant with my first child 12 years ago, my husband was working in Germany.  We could not get healthcare in Germany BECAUSE WE WEREN’T GERMAN CITIZENS.  So, I came home to the States from Germany to have my child.  Interestingly, I had just left my job and was denied coverage under COBRA because of my pre-existing condition – the pregnancy.

 

What did I do?  I applied for healthcare coverage in Ohio under Head Start.  I did receive coverage.  After finishing graduate school, my husband and I both went back to work and have had traditional health insurance coverage.

 

See?  People who don’t have coverage and truly need it can get it.  The system was working, I know because I used it!

 

Now, everyone has to pay more and the people who pay the most don’t have fair insurance coverage.

 

It doesn’t make any sense.  Can you honestly say that it is fair to give full insurance coverage to people who are in this country illegally?  They don’t do that in Europe.  If you don’t pay into the system, you don’t get coverage, period.

 

Can you honestly say that it is OK for the unemployed or people in prison to get full healthcare coverage, but a working American can’t?

No comments:

Post a Comment