Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams

In the 5th Harry Potter book, Harry gets smeared by the government and the press.  He is a 15-year-old boy who has seen the birth of pure evil (Voldemort) and is not afraid to speak out about it.  So, the government, which doesn't want to acknowledge problems, engages in an all out smear campaign.  The government is assisted in these lies by a willing accomplice, the media.

Hunh.

In one scene, he meets the slightly odd loner, Luna Lovegood.  She shares that she believes in him and so does her father, who publishes a tabloid newspaper.  Harry expresses his gratitude, but laments that they are the only people who believe him.

Luna says that isn't true.  But, that is how Voldemort wants him to feel, because, "If it's just you, you are less of a threat."  Emboldened, Harry goes on to defeat evil.  You know the rest.

But, what about people who don't get that sound advice?  What about those people who feel like they really are all alone and no one is there to help them.  I am afraid that is where a cherished Hollywood legend found himself yesterday when he took his own life.

From all accounts, Robin Williams was a gentle and kind man who really was not just loved by fans, but genuinely liked by colleagues.  One time, my husband was performing in a show.  He called to say that he was going to be late, I was home with our young children.  When I asked why, he said, "They are holding the show because Robin Williams is coming."  I think Williams said a brief word of thanks to the actors, I have to ask.

Anyhoo...

Our president, who can't find time to locate the situation room or go to security briefings found the time to comment on the tragic death of a beloved Hollywood icon.

Sometimes, when I see Christians being killed, looting, raping and terror all over the world, when I see able bodied men tattooed and pierced beyond all recognition receiving food stamps, when I see veterans who get no help from the government, I feel very alone.

I feel like maybe I am the only one who sees logic and reason.  High taxes are not good, for anybody.  It doesn't matter how liberals spin it.  Government over-regulation isn't good either.  But, using all of our technology to get energy here is very good.

I am not the only one.  Over half the country agrees with me.  Just because the government and the media are working together to smear everything that I believe, it doesn't make it true and I am not alone.

We need to stand up, we need to fight back.  The first thing to do, of course, is vote Republican in November.  We all have to do that.

And, remember, more tragedies can be averted.  Let's stick together.  We are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment