Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Candace Cameron Bure

Well, Dancing with the Stars may have just lost its biggest fan - me.

Have you been watching this season?  It's one of those seasons where everyone is good - really good. The nine couples remaining in the competition have all been scoring in the 8, 9 and 10 range.

So, why am I losing that loving feeling?

This season's token Christian, Candace Cameron Bure, is not being scored fairly.

Candace is the sister of Kirk, the outspoken, openly evangelical Christian.  Both were beloved child actors.  Candace was DJ on Full House and Kirk was on Growing Pains.

Candace came out of the gate on the first night of competition with a fantastic contempory dance and received some of the highest scores of the night, making her an early front runner for the coveted mirror ball trophy.

The problems started the second week of competition when Candace was asked to do a "sexy rumba."    She was quite clear in her opening package that she is a follower of Jesus Christ and that her sexuality is reserved for her husband.

Hold on, gotta get a tissue.

Ok, and she insisted that her costume be tasteful.  So, where does she stand on the leader board now?

Candace Cameron Bure is now in last place.

She has received consistently low scores since boldly proclaiming her adherence to the religion upon which our nation and its laws were founded.

Let me be quick to explain my credentials - I am a fully accredited, couch judge for DWTS.  Here is how that works - the couple dances, my husband asks, "what will the judges say?" I answer and a few moments later the judges say some form of exactly what I just said.

The point is, although I couldn't samba my way out of a paper bag, I have picked up on the lingo, the scoring and how the dances are supposed to look.

Candace deserves better scores.  She is as good as the other dancers (except Meryl) and she is being underscored.

Is it because she is a Christian?  I don't know.  But, I do know this, we can show our support for her.  She is standing up for our religion and I stand with her.

Well, actually, I sit on my couch doing that whole judging thing, but you know what I mean.

Support Candace Cameron Bure!

No comments:

Post a Comment