Sunday, December 28, 2014

Mysteries

I like to read mystery novels.

You don't get invited to be in any book clubs when you read books like this.  I like books where the caters bakes cookies and solves a murder.  Yes, I find it entirely plausible that someone can cater a 7-course meal for 100 while still engaging in competent investigative police work.

Ok?

But, there are some mysteries in this world that can't be solved.

One is the birth of our lord and savior, Jesus Christ.

Christ's birth, although a historical fact, is still impossible to comprehend with our small minds.  Christ came into the world, the son of a virgin, fully God and fully man.

Can you fully understand that?  I can't.

Then, Christ took on the sins of the world, died a horrific, painful, gruesome death and rose from the dead.  Now, I can be free from sin's dominion in my life, if I choose to believe.

Can you really wrap your head around that?  I don't understand it fully either.

This is why atheists call us stupid, we can't explain Godly things with our human intellect.

Does that really make me stupid?  Or does it just make me someone who believe in something greater than myself?

Unlike that nosy caterer, I am not going to solve this mystery anytime soon.  And, I am ok with that.

Are you?

I hope that you had a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment