Wednesday, October 15, 2014

American Girl

Recently, the American Girl catalog arrived in my mailbox.  I love what American Girl stands for.  Every shade of skin color, eye color, hair color is represented and every possible combination is brought to life in a doll.  Every girl can find a doll who looks just like her and each one is an "American Girl."  As a nation of immigrants this not only makes me proud, it brings a tear to my eye.

So, you can imagine my disappointment when my precious American girl showed me the most recent catalog and pointed out that the word "Christmas" was only mentioned once in the entire catalog.

I explained to her (as a good writer would!) that the pen is mightier than the sword (she wasn't sure) and encouraged her to write a strongly worded letter.  She did:

Dear American Girl,

I am a little troubled because in your latest magazine you only wrote the word Christmas once in the whole magazine.

Also, on the cover of the magazine there is a picture of a girl in a Christmas dress next to a Christmas tree with Christmas presents under it but it says holiday catalog! Addy is the only doll with a Christmas dress, all the other dolls have "holiday" dresses.

I am not going to ask my grandma for your merchandise this Christmas because you didn't talk about Christmas in your magazine.

Ms. Love
10-years-old
Former American Girl lover

Sigh, ok, look at the chumpy response that my American girl got:

Dear Ms. Love

We are sorry for your disappointment with our most recent catalogue.
Because there are many different holidays celebrated in December, our
catalogue is a "holiday" catalogue and not specific to a particular
holiday. We hope you understand.

We appreciate your comments and the time you have taken to share them.


Sincerely,


American Girl Customer Service
Phone: 800-845-0005 or 608-831-5210
Fax: 608-828-4790
Available Monday - Sunday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. Central 


Anyone interested in calling American Girl?

I am totally disgusted with this response.

Are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment