Sunday, October 26, 2014

Liberals and the moral high ground

The other day, my children and I were walking home with our dog.  As I leaned down to take off the dog's leash, I noticed that a tiny inchworm was measuring my jacket.  My children rolled their eyes as I started muttering the inchworm song (from Sesame Street, look it up) and carefully placed the inchworm on a leaf where it happily continued measuring.

It looked happy to me, anyway.

Later that same day, I watched a show on the news about the destruction of the coal industry due to Obama's coal-killing policies.  The show featured actual people who can no longer pay their bills and are struggling to survive because their jobs are just gone.  Poof!

My husband heard me sniffling and said, "Are you crying?"

"No!"  I said, "I have something in my eye."

Meanwhile, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Al Sharpton and Barack Obama have all called Republicans (like me) stupid, crazy, terrorists, arsonists, and many more awful names.

Inchworm and people-loving Republicans, just like me, have been called all of those names because we don't ascribe to the narrow worldview of the liberal philosophy.

And, all of that name calling is working!  A majority of the country thinks that the country is headed in the wrong direction, but people blame Republicans.  Take the government shutdown.  The government was shutdown because Harry Reid and Obama refused to even talk to Republicans about spending cuts.  They definitely wouldn't negotiate or actually agree to any spending cuts.  Democrats blamed the whole thing on Republicans and got away with it.

Now, inexplicably, the left is claiming the moral high ground on every issue in this country even though their disastrous policies have either caused the problems or have made them worse.  And, people are actually believing it!

Here is just a short list of a few things that liberals have gotten totally wrong:

1.  Religion - liberals staunchly defend Islam, even though it enslaves and abuses women.  All men and women of all political parties should denounce the horrendous treatment of women in Islam.

2.  Women - speaking of women, liberals get this totally wrong, too.  Liberals seem to believe that birth control is the only issue that affects women.  This is so demeaning and couldn't be farther from the truth.  Women care about their jobs, food and gas prices, health insurance, how to pay for college for their children.  Women care about the economy, not just their reproductive health.

3. War - the liberals always get this wrong.  They don't understand that we go to war reluctantly and as a last resort and always to protect ourselves.  They have cried from the rooftops for 13 years that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.  But, there were and everyone knows it now, for sure.

4.  Economy - liberals inexplicably believe that taxes and regulation help the economy.  Taxes and government regulation strangle businesses and kill jobs.

Period.

5.  Education - what if the federal government started handling trash pick-up service in my neighborhood?  How well do you think that it would go?  It would be horrible.  My local government, that I pay with my taxes, effectively and competently picks up my garbage every week.

Thanks, guys!

The federal government would not do as good of a job because it is far away and can't do the management properly.  And, it would increase costs dramatically.  Then why is the federal government taking over my local school system?

Hum?

6.  Energy - and the mother of all things that liberals get totally wrong - energy policy.  Liberals seem to hate all forms of energy.  Yet, they use all of those forms of energy.  They really don't seem to care that people are hurt by the loss of energy-related jobs and by the rising cost of energy.  They just don't seem to care.

I don't understand it.

How can liberals continue to call me all sorts of awful names, get every possible thing wrong and then claim the moral high ground on virtually every issue?

I don't know - do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment