Friday, February 7, 2014

Bruno Mars

I can't believe that it has taken me this long to write about this.  Let's just say that there have been some issues in the redneck house and believe me, you will hear more about it than you ever cared to.  Stay tuned.

Anyway, did Bruno Mars do a fantastic job at the Super Bowl halftime show?  He sang (or lip-sync-ed, I don't care) great, danced great, looked great.  I think this is the first Super Bowl halftime show in a generation or so that didn't have a scandal or "wardrobe malfunction."

As he was singing, I could enjoy it and didn't have to shield my children's eyes.  So, I noticed that he sings a lot of songs that I like and didn't know that he sang them.  Does that ever happen to you?

So, I did a little research on little Bruno. (He is 5'5" and his real name is Peter Hernandez.)

Did all of you hear that?  Research, I research every piece.

He has another song called "The Lazy Song."  The video is very funny and not suitable for audiences of all ages.

It goes kinda like this:
"Today I don't feel like doing anything,
I just want to lay in my bed."

(Thank you so much, Bruno, for the correct use of 'anything'  but it should be 'lie'.)

Bruno can have a lazy song and spend one day lying in his bed or dancing around in his living room with  all of his friends wearing monkey masks because:

ALL OF THE OTHER DAYS BRUNO WORKS HIS LITTLE TUSHIE OFF!

Rest is an option, a joy really, after you have worked hard.

Our society has recently made rest or laziness seem to be a positive lifestyle choice instead of what it is: laziness.  The loss of your job is now, according to Jay Carney: an opportunity to pursue your dreams.

I can't help it, I have to say it again.  What?!?!?

Bruno knows it is being lazy because he is probably pretty far from being lazy.  If he was feeling a little tired on Super Bowl Sunday, he still had to put on his gold lame suit and dance his butt off and lip sync into that microphone for all he was worth.

He could take some well deserved time off the next day.

Work is good, it is fulfilling.  We all need to work.  Then, we can enjoy our rest.

Otherwise, just like Bruno says, we are being lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment