Sunday, February 16, 2014

The safety net or being free from "job lock"

Ok, I understand that I have been a little bit snarky lately.  I am really upset.

My husband lost his job.

There, I said it.

Closely coinciding with this shocking loss of not only employment, but our corresponding hopes and dreams, the latest Obamacare disaster has been revealed.

An estimated 2.5 million more jobs will be lost as a result of the tax and burden on our society, Obamacare.

In a stunning display of sheer lunacy, democrats are spinning this latest crap as a good thing.  They are actually saying that people will be freed from "job lock" and will be able to "pursue their dreams."

Hunh.

See, for the past two weeks, I haven't been pursuing my dreams. I have been pursuing job sites and our bank statements to see how long we can make it while we look for jobs day and night.

Who out there actually believes that losing your job frees you to go out and be creative?  Choosing not to work isn't freeing, it is lazy.  Choosing to live off the government is anti-American.

We do have a safety net and it is a good thing.  It is there to help people out when they need help, through no fault of their own.

That is really important, it is supposed to be there when you need it.  It isn't there for people to just choose not to work and to choose to let other people who choose to work pay for their stuff.

But, it is supposed to be just that, a bouncy, springy net.  You are supposed to bounce back up, get OUT OF THE NET, and keep right on flying.

You aren't supposed to keep bouncing forever, watching your tootsies go wriggling in the air with each bounce.

Anyway, I have been working non stop and haven't had time to blog.  But, don't worry, I have plenty to rant about.

No comments:

Post a Comment