Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween

Well, it's official.

I am the crazy lady in my neighborhood.

Last night was Halloween, of course.  We usually get a lot of trick or treaters.  I have a cauldron, fill it up with the good stuff and give it all away.  I want to do it.

Now, I am none too keen on the parents also opening a bag and asking for candy.  Come on.

So, last night one little boy was standing at my door with his little mouth hanging open and said, "Wow!  This is a nice house.  This is a really nice house!"

I said, "Thank you."

You probably guessed, I didn't stop there.

I said, "Did you know that you can grow up and get a house just as nice as this one?"

He said, "No," and cut his eyes to the candy cauldron.

I said, "If you stay in school and work hard you can grow up and have a nice house, too.  This is the only country where you can do that, you know."

By that time the rest of the group was like, "trick or treat!"  Like, they were in a rush or something?

As they dashed off, I said, "Stay in school, little man!"

There you go, I am the crazy lady on my street who gives out the good candy.


No comments:

Post a Comment