Monday, December 9, 2013

Cuddling

Ok, even though we have gotten really close, I am not sure how to tell you this.

Here goes, lonely people can pay to be cuddled.  Yup, for $60 you can get hugged, spooned and "touched" lovingly.

Apparently "touch experts" who have been professionally trained, provide the cuddling services.  Sheesh, I thought that women's studies was a cushy major.  I never dreamed when I was in studying on Saturday nights that I could major in hugging.

This makes me sad in so many ways.

It reminds me of David Myers American paradox, "bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences but less time, steep profits and shallow relationships. We've learned how to make a living, but not a life; we've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul."

How can our sex crazed society be so full of people who need to "touch?"  How can a society which says, "if it feels good, do it" feel so bad that we have to pay people to hug us?

Could it be that what those old ladies in church called "sins of the body" actually do hurt the person?  How can it be?  The liberal way says that anything someone does to him or herself hurts no one.

Then why are we hurting so much?

Well, it is the Christmas season.  Yes, the Christmas season, Hanukkah is over (mazel tov.). Let's be a little bit more loving to each other.  Be nice to the person in front of you at Walmart.  Be nice to the checker at Walmart.  You never know, she could become the manager.  Then, when all of the lines are full, she will open a new lane just for you.

I'm just sayin'.

What I mean is, do everything you can in your little part of the world to make sure that nobody needs to go pay for hugging.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment