Monday, December 2, 2013

Demand more Christmas this Christmas

It would be just like me to come completely unglued in only 7.5 hours after the conclusion of a long, glorious weekend.

I was all zen-ed out on pie.  I realized that I love my family SO MUCH for exactly 3 days.

So, being the industrious little Republican that I am, I went to the post office today with my first stack of Christmas cards.

I stopped to look at the display of "holiday" stamps.

There is a Hanukkah stamp - Mazel Tov.
There is a Kwanzaa stamp - I have a rant about that coming up.
And, there is a stamp with a gingerbread house on it.

Hmmm.

I left my home-schooled children putting stamps on CHRISTMAS cards and went to look for my friendly, local post person.

I took him over so see the "holiday" stamp display.  I pointed out the prominently featured Kwanzaa and Hanukkah stamps and no Christmas stamp.  He said, "Hunh.  Maybe everyone just knows it's Christmas."

Why were the kids trembling and acting so good while I was talking to that guy?  Weird.

Anyway, the post guy said he would tell the supervisor.

Here is my point - demand more Christmas in your Christmas this year.  If we let stuff like this slide, it is only going to get worse.  Stand up for your Christmas.

So, then we went to Wal-Mart and the Salvation Army guy was out front.  He was wearing his Santa hat at a rather jaunty angle, I might add.  I asked him if he was allowed to say, "Merry Christmas" and he said he didn't know.

Sad, isn't it?

Now, I want to remind you (you know who you are) that the militant, angry Christmas warrior doesn't get much accomplished.  But, as much as possible, say, "Merry Christmas!"  Point out to store managers and owners that we need more Christmas this Christmas!

Go on, you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment