Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rodman recap

I couldn't understand what Dennis Rodman said yesterday in his mindless rant on CNN to Chris Cuomo.  The hair dryer was on (see climate change post) and he was using that weird voice.  Late last night, after getting the pipe going again, I actually heard what he said.

Rodman was asked if he will use his influence with manical dictator Kim Jong Un (who most recently made world news by feeding his uncle to a pack of wild dogs) to secure the release of jailed Christian American Kenneth Bae.  Rodman went ballistic on Cuomo, who did an admirable job in the face of pure lunacy.

Well, let's just post the whole quote:

"Kenneth Bae did one thing," (an angry Rodman shouted, as he waved a cigar at the camera.) "If you understand what Kenneth Bae did. Do you understand what he did in this country? No, no, no, you tell me, you tell me. Why is he held captive here in this country, why? ... I would love to speak on this."    

And, he said all that in a weird, gravelly, faux-dictator kind of voice.

Um, I know why he was jailed.  You probably know.  Bae was jailed in North Korea for being in the country and also happening to be a Christian at the same time.

But, I don't think that Dennis Rodman knows that.  Do you?

The good news is, I haven't heard anyone praising Rodman for his "cultural exchange" ahem efforts.  So, that means that we haven't gone completely off the deep end.

Clearly, Rodman has.

No comments:

Post a Comment