Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tamera Mowry

This has been bugging me for a few days.  It is kinda like a follow up to, "I am too stupid to be a liberal" because I just don't get it.

I thought that liberals were supposed to be tolerant, open-minded and like everyone.  Right?

Since when did liberals start to dislike inter-racial marriage?  I misses that memo.  I had to stop reading the tweets that were posted about Tamera Mowry because she married a white man, Adam Housley.  They were so vile and hateful, it was disgusting

It's crass just typing that!  When did we get to be so low?  The president is the result of an interracial marriage.  I thought we liked that.

What made me decide to write this was a movie that I saw part of last night.

Remember the movie with Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side?"  In it, a white family takes in and eventually adopts a black young man, Micheal Oher.  Michael, a gentle giant, then goes on to play in the NFL.

That movie won Oscars.

So, I am sitting there thinking of that cutie Tamera and thinking about Michael Oher and I thought what on earth has happened?

Then, I looked at the guide and noticed the date of the film "The Blind Side."

2009.

The Blind Side came out 5 years ago, before America went through its fundamental transformation.

Amazing how quickly things can change isn't it?

I understand that there were bigots before Obama and there will be after.  But, what I am saying is, that as a society, a film that featured an interracial family won awards.

Now, just five years later, a young woman, who has never had a bad word of publicity in her entire life is being completely smeared for marrying a white man.

Is this the kind of transformation we needed?


No comments:

Post a Comment