Wednesday, October 2, 2013

2nd Amendment


Cain killed Abel thousands of years before guns were invented.  Thousands of Philistines slaughtered thousands of Jews long before guns were invented.  (Please see The Bible.)

Since the beginning of time, evil has been bound up in the heart of men.  No matter what implement is used, murders have been committed without guns.

So, what lies at the heart of the gun control debate?

I will refer, as I often do, to the founders of our nation.  They left England for a lot of good reasons.  One of the reasons was that ordinary citizens couldn’t be armed to protect themselves from the government.  Government officials were armed, they could come to your house and take your stuff, even your wife.  But, because subjects weren’t armed and couldn’t be armed, there was no way that peasants could revolt against the government.

The second amendment, the right to bear arms, is a direct result of the way that it was in England.  The framers of our constitution knew that if citizens weren’t armed they couldn’t protect themselves from the government.

CITIZENS WERE ARMED TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

What is the first thing that Hitler did when he took over Germany?  He disarmed the public.  If the public was disarmed, there would be no way that they could defend themselves from him.

THE SECOND AMENDMENT WAS PURPOSELY INCLUDED IN THE CONSTITUTION SO THAT WE CAN PROTECT OURSELVES, ESPECIALLY FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

So, why do liberals blame the gun and not the finger that pulls the trigger?  Why don’t they blame the heart of the person who pulls the trigger?  Cars kill a lot of people.  Why don’t we outlaw cars?  I bet knives hurt a lot of people with their pointy ends.  I have done some serious damage to a lot of veggies and my own fingers with knives.  Why don’t we outlaw knives?

I come from a gun-owning family.  I knew where they were, in a locked cabinet.  The bullets were in a different, locked drawer.  The fear of God was put in me about those guns.  I was afraid to walk by the cabinet.  In fact, when I had to walk by the cabinet, I kinda ran a little bit because I didn’t want to be anywhere near them.

Why, are liberals so hell bent on repealing the second amendment?  I have talked to liberals who think that Christians are too stupid to vote.  They honestly told me that Christians should not have the right to vote on the basis that they are too stupid.  (Maybe that is why liberals won’t talk to me, see my previous post, “Liberal Dinner.”)

Maybe that is it, liberals think that people are too stupid to own guns?  Accidents do happen and that is terrible.  But, many more accidents happen in many more ways (like running over small children with minivans.)

I don’t trust a government that seeks, at all costs, to disarm its citizens.

And, neither should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment