Sunday, October 20, 2013

Rallying the troops

It is really hard to get a lot of community organizing going, or protests organized or rallies going when your battle cry is:

"Leave me alone."

That is the problem with this silent majority.  It has been silent too long.  Conservatives just want to be left alone to live in peace, raise their kids and play Jenga.

Meanwhile, liberals (for some reason) believe that their way is the only way and anyone who disagrees with them doesn't really deserve to, like, breathe.

(See when Hitler took over...)

Any one who doesn't believe completely in every liberal ideal is called really terrible things that would be inappropriate to call a baby seal.  So, conservatives are marginalized and are really being attacked now.

While we have remained silent, everything that we hold dear is being taken from us.

Conservatives are at home going, "Ha, ha, you didn't say it in the form of a question, you lose!"

Liberals are out there having a rally for healthcare reform.  (Who is losing now?)

Conservatives are home field dressing a deer.

Liberals are out there organizing communities against eating meat.

Some conservatives are at church.

Liberals are using tax money to remove all references to God in every possible forum all over the country.

See, here is the thing, conservatives really truly don't care about any of your alternative lifestyles.  Seriously, we just don't care.  It's not that we don't care about you, it's that we don't care about how you are living your life, it doesn't have anything to do with this.

So, you are gay, great.  I don't care, it doesn't bother me, it doesn't have anything to do with me.

So, you love the environment, great, so do I.  I am going to use it.

So, you don't eat meat, great, more for me.

We just don't care.

We don't hate you, we just don't care because it is your business and someone is going to get voted off Dancing with the Stars.

So, you hate Christianity, fine.  But, why can't I worship the way that I want.  And for that matter, why do we have to re-write the history of our country?

You (and Obama) say that this isn't a Christian country anymore.  But, it was founded on the Judeo-Christian ethic.  (I am as worried for Jews as I am for Christians, seriously.)

Anyway, I just wanted you to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment