Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Deficit cut in half? What?

Every day, I think that there won't be something to write about.  But, sure enough, there is.

Yesterday, Obama said that the deficit has been cut in half.

What?!?

I understand that Obama lies and lies and lies.  He gets away with in, in large part, because the media doesn't just support him, they totally worship him.  They protect him, cover up his mistakes and don't report it when we lies or flip-flops.

Please see my previous post, An Interesting Quote.

But, when the president lies in such an egregious manner, I would suspect that there is a lot of blushing, shoulder-shrugging, and "aw-shucks" type toe-kicking in the dirt.

I mean, Saturday Night Live even made fun of the Obamacare rollout because it was such a mess.  (Please see previous post, "It's a Mess, People!")

Ok, here are the numbers and you tell me what you think of it.

The deficit was $459 billion under George W. Bush.
Under Obama, the annual budget deficit ballooned to 1.4 trillion, adding about $5 T-T-Trillion to the national debt.
Now, the annual budget deficit is $750 billion.  So, he tripled the annual budget deficit and then cut it in half.

He says this like it is a good thing, like he has done something honorable.

I don't think it is such a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment