Sunday, October 13, 2013

Request

I have been asked to blog on a topic.  So, now I am open for requests!

I remember watching an interview with Obama.  I watched it with my own eyes, it was before he was president, in 2008.  But, it can be hard to find exact facts right now, things can get fuzzy.

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides.  There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a warlike message.  You know, the bombs bursting in air and all.  It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose.  I like the song, "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing."  If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."

And, then we elected him as our president.

Ok, why wouldn't a president want to take our side?  And, who is on the other side that he doesn't want to offend?

Who sees the American flag as a symbol of oppression?  Our enemies?  People who hate our way of life, our freedoms, people who hate our Judeo-Christian foundation?

A war like message?  Um, I think the song was written, like, during a batte, you know.  And, like we won.

The beloved classic, "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" is from a Coca-Cola ad.

It is pretty easy to find this quote, especially when you know exactly what you are looking for.  But, some sites say that he didn't say it.  It is "false" or an "urban legend."  Then, if you scroll down, it has the whole quote right there.  I guess they think people will just read the top, believe it and not scroll down and read the whole thing.

Ok, reader, how did I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment